Floyd County Medical Center recognizes the importance visitors add to our patients’ health. We feel as an organization our new guidelines balance COVID-19 mitigation and our patients needs for visitor support.
Patients and visitors who enter our clinic or hospital will be required to self-screen for respiratory illness to ensure we are taking all precautions to keep patients and staff safe and healthy.
Visiting hours at Floyd County Medical Center are open for family, friends, and clergy. The patient has the right to determine who they want as visitors. Two visitors at a time will be allowed for all areas at FCMC both inpatient and outpatient.
The visitor policy includes:
- Patients with COVID-19 or suspected to have COVID-19 will be evaluated on a case-to-case basis.
- Minors must be accompanied by an adult.
- Emergency Department is subject to change with extenuating circumstances at staff discretion.
- Exceptions will be made for situations for special patient care needs (e.g., end-of-life, pediatric).
- FCMC will not restrict or deny visitation privileges based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or disability.
- We also encourage you to consider using other methods to connect with your friends and loved ones (e.g., telephone, FaceTime, etc.)
We continue to monitor the spread of COVID-19 in our communities and may update the guidelines as needed to provide safe care to everyone.