Current Job Openings
Thank you for your interest in working at Floyd County Medical Center!
Our current job openings are listed below. To learn more about a job click on the job title. When ready to apply click on Apply Online. If you prefer, you can also download the paper application form and mail to the address at the top of the form. If you have questions please contact Human Resources at (641)257-4316.
Department: Materials Management (including purchasing office, storeroom, central service and linen areas)
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Primary responsibility is the management and supervision of the evaluation, procurement, storage, and distribution of supplies and equipment. The Director will oversee the daily operations of the Purchasing Office, Storeroom, Central Service and Linen areas. Responsible for inventory control, preventing waste and ensuring proper utilization of supplies and equipment. Administer and directs program to purchase materials, supplies and equipment for hospital and clinic use.
Leads and coordinates the selection, hiring and training of staff. Responsible for daily supervision of Materials Assistants and Clerk which includes guiding, developing, disciplining, and conducting annual performance evaluations. Organizes and manages employee work schedules and ensures proper rotation of staff in each area of Materials Management. Coordinates the activities of workers receiving, storing, and issuing purchased items. Monitors the ordering, storage and distribution of processed linen.
Plans, coordinates and administers the operational, financial, administrative and technical operations of the Materials Management Department.
Responsible for obtaining quality products at the lowest possible cost.
Ensures hospital procedures are followed and standards are met. Leads the development of processes and procedures for the Materials Management Department.
Under the direction of the Chief Nursing Officer and Surgical Services Director assumes responsibility and management of all Central Service functions including sterile processing of surgical supplies and equipment. Responsible for quality control, compliance with regulatory standards, infection prevention, asepsis protocol, and other operating standards for sterilization processes. Ensures processes are effective in appropriately and efficiently assembling and sterilizing surgical instruments, trays, and sets. Maintains regular and direct contact with Surgical Services Director and Chief of Surgery to ensure service levels are being met.
Responsible for managing Group Purchasing Organization (GPO) contracts with Premier and Health Enterprises.
Responsible for negotiating contracts and pricing with vendors.
Performs duties of Materials Assistants as necessary, including unloading shipments, putting stock away, filling par level areas and custom requisitions, receiving, and performing sterile process techniques.
Participates in the annual inventory count as well as periodic cycle counts.
Communicates any incorrect or damaged shipments.
Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills (listening, non-verbal communication, tone, empathy)
- Ability to work non-standard hours as needed
- Ability to concentrate and deal with frequent interruptions
- Proficiency with computers including Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Knowledge of inventory management and point of use inventory systems
- Knowledge of surgical instrumentation, sterilization processes and sterilization equipment
- Ability to learn Meditech system
Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Operations Management, or related field preferred
Three years previous materials management experience preferred
Experience in sterile processing preferred
Hours: Full-time - Night Shift, includes weekend and holiday rotation
Responsible for performing diagnostic radiographic procedures on patients of all ages—newborn through geriatric.
- Graduate of an accredited program in medical radiography or radiologic sciences.
- Maintains certification with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
- Currently holds an Iowa Permit to Practice.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for the Healthcare Provider certified or obtained within three (3) months of hire.
- Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter abuse training or obtained within three (3) months of hire.
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Ability to work independently.
- Prior CT experience preferred.
New grads are encouraged to apply!
Hours: Full-time or part-time
Immediate openings for Registered Nurses.
Will be trained to Medical/Surgical Department and then cross-trained to Birth Center and/or Emergency Department.
Must be licensed to practice in the State of Iowa.
Competitive wages and excellent benefits package.
Experience Required: NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED