At FCMC we strive to provide high quality and safe care to our patients, with respect and consideration to their families.
All visitors to Floyd County Medical Center will receive the highest quality inpatient and skilled nursing care. In addition, FCMC provides numerous outpatient services.
Welcome to the New Beginnings Birth Center! We invite you to tour our family-oriented Birth Center and experience the warm, homelike atmosphere throughout our secured unit. Call 228-6830, extension 2700 to schedule a tour.
Each large birthing suite includes many new and exciting features.
- “Homey” atmosphere
- Kitchenette with microwave & refrigerator
- Oversized fold-down recliner
- Slide-out settee
- Private bathroom with whirlpool tub
- Rotating flat screen TV with DVD/VCR
Other complimentary ammenities
- Baby hat and bib
- Diaper bag
- Large Canvas bag
- Personalized Baby Care Information
- Personalized Self Care Information
- “My First Photo” baby picture options
- Celebration meal for mom and person of her choice
- Announce baby’s birth on Facebook and in the Charles City Press
Our open visitation policy allows family members and friends to schedule visits to meet the client’s individual needs. Moms, please notify the nurse if you wish to limit visitors or to hold calls while you are resting.
Because yours and your baby’s safety is very important to us, our new unit is secured. Visitors must check in with the nurse’s station to be admitted into the unit to visit.
Childbirth Education Classes
We encourage any questions you may have regarding your pregnancy, birth, and/or infant care. We are here to assist you in any way we can.
We have 3 Family Practice physicians and 1 Certified Nurse Midwife delivering babies at FCMC:
- Dr. Paul Royer
- Dr. David Schrodt
- Dr. Janet Tull
- Judi Halbach, Certified Nurse Midwife