Now available for both Home and Hospital settings
Floyd County Medical Center works in conjunction with Midwest Sleep Services, Inc. to provide high quality Sleep Studies for people of all ages, with both Home and Hospital options based on severity of suspected sleep disorder. Call 641-228-5151 to schedule your Sleep Study.
One commonly undiagnosed sleep disorder is Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) which is caused when the upper airway gets blocked during sleep, interrupting airflow and reducing blood oxygen levels. The dangers of sleep apnea are very real.
Common signs include loud snoring, gasping, or choking during sleep. Sufferers stop breathing for 10 seconds or longer, up to hundreds of times per night, often reducing blood oxygen to dangerously low levels. Sleep Apnea robs the blood of oxygen and causes heavy stress on the heart, blood vessels, and organs.
If left untreated, the fatigue and restlessness associated with Sleep Apnea can severely affect a person’s quality of life both mentally and physically.
Signs and Symptoms of Obstructive Sleep Apnea:
- Lack of Energy
- Morning Headaches
- Frequent Urination During the Night
- Excessive Daytime Sleepiness
- Nighttime Gasping, Choking, or Coughing
- Gastroesophageal Reflux
- Irregular Breathing During Sleep
Risk Factors for Sleep Apnea:
- Diagnosis of hypertension or high blood pressure
- Large neck circumference
- Male gender
- Excessive use of alcohol or sedatives
- Upper Airway or Facial Abnormalities
- Family History of Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Endocrine and metabolic disorders
Sleep Studies at FCMC
Sleep Studies at Floyd County Medical Center are performed over the night time hours, in our comfortable, private Sleep Study room. Your medical provider may order a Sleep Study to help diagnose an underlying disorder.
What To Bring With You:
- Photo Identification
- Insurance card(s) and co-pay
- Completed registration forms and questionnaires
- Sleep medication prescribed per your medical provider or over the counter
- Current Medication List and the prescription medications you take before bed in their original containers. If diabetic, please bring any snack you need.
- Pajamas or top and bottom sleep clothes. Women may wear a bra underneath
- Favorite pillow, toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, shampoo, and any other toiletries you may need after the study, plus a change of clothes if needed. There is a shower available to use after your sleep study.
Home Sleep Testing
Home Sleep Study is performed in the comfort of your own home. A Home Sleep Study may be ordered by your medical provider.
Sleep Study Medical Director: Dr. Phillip C. Lee, M.D.
FCMC is accredited by Accreditation Commission for Health Care (ACHC).