Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nursing (formerly known as Enterostomal Therapy or ET Nursing) is dedicated to the acute and rehabilitative care of individuals with wound, ostomy or continence needs. The WOC nurse plays a pivotal role in providing optimal patient care in multiple healthcare settings including inpatient, outpatient, long-term care, hospice and home health. The WOC nurses at Floyd County Medical Center are graduates of an accredited Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nursing Educational Program and are certified by the Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nursing Certification Board.
We utilize evidence based therapies including compression wraps, negative pressure wound therapy, and antimicrobial dressings. To meet all the needs of our patients, we work in conjunction with your health care provider and other departments including diabetes management, physical and occupational therapies, and our registered dietitian.
7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. By appointment only but there is some flexibility.
Contact us at 641-257-4353 for assistance.
Ostomy Support Group 2023
Anyone with an ostomy and their support person is welcome! Extra ostomy supplies always welcome for donations, if we can’t use them we send off to Friends of Ostomates Worldwide.
- 1st Wednesday of every month
- January 4, February 1, March 1, April 5, May 3, June 7, July 5, August 2, September 6, October 4, November 1, December 6
- 6pm to 7pm
- Hosted by: Lynne Wilkens, RN, BSN, CWON
- Conference Room or Vets Room at Floyd County Medical Center
- Questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org or 641-257-4353
Management of all types of wounds including:
- Pressure Ulcers
- Vascular Ulcers (venous and arterial)
- Neuropathic Ulcers (diabetic)
- Traumatic Wounds (skin tears, injuries)
- Surgical Incisions
Education and care for those with:
- Urinary Diversions
- Physicians/Physicians Assistants
- Nurse Practitioners
- Nursing Staff
- Wound/Ostomy Outpatient
- Nursing Home
- Home Health
Barb Ball, RN, BSN, CWCN (WOC Nurse Manager) Graduate of University of Iowa and Emory University ET Educational Program
Lynne Wilkens, RN, BSN, CWON (WOC Nurse) Graduate of Allen College of Nursing and Wicks Education Associates Wound, Ostomy and Continence Educational Program